Earlier this year, bridal beautician and make-up artist, Kelli Waldock and her staff were stunned when glamorous Hollywood actress Maggie Q stepped into her Whitstable salon, Pinkies, “Initially none of us really thought anything of it, but then we realised that she had an entourage with her and she looked every part the superstar.”
Kelli says that the Mission: Impossible 3 actress was quiet, but very polite and seemed grateful that Pinkies staff were able to assist her with choosing the perfect colour nails that would have a standout appeal, but not be too distracting.
Rumour has it that Maggie Q was onset nearby and her team discovered the hidden treasure Pinkies beauty salon, that offers a warm and luxurious environment, “When we realised that Maggie was who we thought she was, it was paramount that we remained professional, and ensured her privacy, and this is probably one of the reasons she felt comfortable staying.”
Kelli Waldock is a fully qualified nail technician and prides herself in offering the best finish possible, “I love doing bridal nails, as it is fun to choose a colour that complements the make-up look I’ve applied for them, but also a colour and application that will last and look stunning for the reception party and even a two-week honeymoon too.”
Maggie Q opted for She’s My Beauty Gelish Nails, “We explained to her that it is a nude colour, but with depth and it can look slightly darker in the bottle than when applied.”
This nude colour is popular with brides because it is elegant and sophisticated, and is so versatile in that you can wear almost any colour with it. It is also more interesting than some lighter tones, which is what you want if you are keeping the same nails for the honeymoon too. Unlike some neutral shades it is warm and not too stark. She’s My Beauty is a brilliant base for adding glitter detail or nail art or crystals to – which is very popular for brides especially on their ring finger.
Here are Kelli’s Ten Top Tips for choosing Wedding Nails:
1) Don’t clash with your dress… Tonal colours are best.
2) Go glitz, but don’t compete too much with your jewellery, especially your rings.
3) Match toenails and fingernails as you may be wearing peep toe shoes.
4) Choose nails that will look fab with a tan for your honeymoon.
5) Choose nails that will last and not chip – gel nails are fab.
6) If your dress is plain, go for full-on statement nails.
7) Choose nails that suit your theme, so dark colours are fab for an alternative wedding with a gothic vibe.
8) If you are having false nails, go for a practical length – really long nails may take some time to get used to.
9) Have different nail style and colour to your bridesmaids – you want to look special and stand out.
10) If you are unsure, choose popular options such as glitter, French manicure, pink, nude and stick-on gems.
Quote: MaggieQ in when booking at Pinkies to get 5% discount of your bridal or special occasion nails.