Knowlton Court, Canterbury
This quintessentially English house oozes calm and serenity in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. The wedding venue is beautiful, and the rooms are elegant, complete with fine artwork, huge stone fireplaces and fabulous features. Sitting in 20,000 acres of private land, Knowlton Court is approached by an avenue of lime trees culminating in the circular lawn and walled garden. The house is surrounded by formal gardens and you feel a sense of calm and tranquility wandering through them. The amusing topiary hedges are always a talking point and the masses of climbing roses add fantastic colour and an unbelievable scent. There are a number of properties within the estate, which can accommodate up to 64 overnight guests, including the ten-bedroom Dower House.
Space to celebrate
- The Pavilion, designed by the family and hand-crafted from the estate's oak, is situated on one of the sweeping lawns offering an intimate and enchanting place in which to exchange vows (unlimited guests).
- Holy Cross Church Goodnestone and All Saints Church, Chillenden – Each of these local parish churches are but a short distance of the estate and available for your "I dos" (250 guests).
- St Clement's is the romantic private chapel at Knowlton and the team will happily arrange a blessing to follow a civil ceremony.
- The Great Hall is an elegant and sumptuous setting at the heart of this historic home featuring a stone fireplace, marble flooring and large sash windows flooding the rom with natural light (100 ceremony, 86 dining).
- The Great Marquee overlooks the open countryside. It can be extended to suit providing a luxurious space in which to entertain your guests (150 dining, with an additional marquee for up to 500).
Knowlton Court, Nr Canterbury, Kent CT3 1PT